More than 340 kilometres of hiking trails across the Stoos-Muotatal region: from wheelchair and pram accessible paths to demanding mountain tours. The impressive panorama can be experienced in countless places: the view sweeps over peaks and lakes.
Why choosing the Stoos-Muotatal region as your hiking destination? Here are six reasons:
- Save yourself long journeys. Illgau, Morschach, Muotathal or Stoos can be reached quickly from all directions.
- Where else is there a jungle in Switzerland? The Bödmerenwald is considered one of the most primeval forests in the Alps.
- Along the ridge hiking trail from Klingenstock to Fronalpstock you will experience a 360-degree panoramic view for five kilometres.
- The stony karst landscape of the Silberen is unique in Switzerland, as it is home to the largest miniature erosion of a limestone surface that Switzerland has to offer.
- Nowhere else do you have the opportunity to travel by the steepest funicular in the world. The train from Schwyz to Stoos climbs 110%
- Pigs, horses, cattle, goats and sheep share their homeland with you in the hiking area of the Glattalp.