Over 340 kilometres of hiking trails weave a network across the Stoos-Muotatal region: from wheelchair- and pram-friendly footpaths to challenging mountain tours. The impressive panorama is a constant companion on every tour: the view sweeps over peaks and lakes.
Why should you choose the Stoos-Muotatal region as your hiking destination? Here are six reasons:
- Save yourself long journeys. Illgau, Morschach, Muotathal or Stoos can be reached quickly from all directions.
- Where else in Switzerland is there a jungle? The Bödmerenwald is considered one of the most primeval forests in the Alps.
- Along the ridge hiking trail from Klingenstock to Fronalpstock you experience a 360-degree panoramic view over five kilometres.
- The stony karst landscape of the Silver Mountains is unique in Switzerland, with the largest cart field in the country.
- Nowhere else in the world do you have the opportunity to travel by the world’s steepest funicular railway. The funicular from Schwyz to Stoos rises by a whopping 110%.
- Pigs, horses, cattle, goats and sheep share their homeland with you in the hiking area of Glattalp.