Winter enjoyment on the Stoos
Whether winter hiking, snowshoeing, enjoying the view or horse-drawn carriage driving: The idyllic mountain village Stoos and the Fronalpstock peak offer a winter paradise.
You can reach the car-free mountain village Stoos by the world’s steepest funicular. An experience in itself. From the mountain station, numerous winter hiking trails lead into the silence of nature. The idyll can also be admired with a horse-drawn carriage.
With snowshoes or the chair lift you can reach the Fronalpstock. From Fronalpstock you can enjoy a unique view of Lake Lucerne. A small circular path on the summit presents a fantastic 360-degree panorama. The rustic lounge and the large sun terrace of the Fronalpstock summit restaurant invite you to relax.
Good to know:
- Buy tickets online and go straight up the mountain
- Reserve a parking space online
- Bus stop directly at the valley station
- Fast ascent with the steepest funicular in the world
- All winter hiking trails & snowshoe trails in the activity map
- For the Fronalpstock panorama trail, the Stoos Peak Experience Ticket
- Current company information
- Information COVID-19