Command post Selgis
Groups can visit the underground command post during a tour. It is well-known mainly thanks to its protected wall paintings.
In 1941/1942, the command post Slegis was blasted open up to a depth of 100 metres of rock to make room for the headquarters of the fourth army corps. Until 1995, large military units continued to occupy it on a regular basis.
One year after its construction, fusilier Willi Koch, in his civilian life a painter from St. Gallen, was posted here. During his time in the fortress, he painted 13 large-scale paintings on the concrete walls. He displayed his comrades during their service and during holidays, reflecting the dreams and longings of soldiers in active service. The Office for the Preservation of Monuments of the Canton of Schwyz has placed the paintings under protection.
The command post Selgis offers tours throughout the whole year. In summer and winter temperatures are between 10 and 12 degrees. Some rooms can be heated and are rented out for meetings and seminars.