Important to know
The most frequently asked questions from our guests:
1. How do I get to the Stoos?
Information about the arrival to Mount Stoos you find here.
2. What is the timetable of the cable cars Illgau – St. Karl?
Here you find the timetable.
3. How do i get to the Fronalpstock?
From the mountain station of the funicular Schwyz-Stoos, you walk about 10 minutes on a flat path to the valley station of the chairlifts Fronalpstock. From there you can reach the Fronalpstock summit by two chairlifts (2 sections), this takes about 20 minutes.
4. Which lakes can I see from the Fronalpstock?
Lake lucerne, Seelisbergersee, Ägerisee, Zugersee, Zürichsee, Sempachersee, Hallwilersee, Baldeggersee, Greifensee, Pfäffikersee und der Sihlsee (when it has clear view)
5. Is there a possibility to learn cross-country skiing in the Stoos-Muota Valley region?
Yes, cross-country skiing courses can be booked through the snow sports school Stoos. More here
6. Can I play golf in the region Stoos-Muotatal?
Yes, in Morschach there is the golf course Axenstein. Here to the information.
7. Is the toboggan run on Fronalpstock suitable for children?
The fast toboggan run on Fronalpstock is not suitable for small children. For them, hills around the village of Stoos are more suitable.
9. Are there wellness options?
Yes, here you will find the wellness offers of the region Stoos-Muotatal.
10. Is the funicular included in the ski ticket / day pass?
Yes, in the ski pass and day ticket summer (peak experience ticket) all facilities on Stoos are included.
11. Which facilities are open today?
Here you will find an overview of the open railroads, facilities in the region.
12. When is the ridge hiking trail open?
The ridge hiking trail is only open during the summer season. In winter it is snow-covered and therefore not accessible. It will be open at the end of May. Information about the opening will be published under the latest information.